IPVS is the global authority on papillomaviruses. Our mission is to contribute to the elimination of papillomavirus-related diseases.
We do this by:
- Contributing to improved understudying of, and disseminating information about, the biology and pathogenesis of papillomaviruses and their associated diseases, and the prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of papillomavirus-related diseases.
- Advocating for evidence based policies that improve public health in relation to papillomavirus-related diseases and for sustainable research funding in the field.
- Fostering excellence and rigor in papillomavirus research.
- Promoting and supporting education about papillomaviruses and career development in papillomavirus-related research.
- Disseminating research results, knowledge and information among members, and by sharing information with the media.
- Partnering with other societies, institutions and organisations.